Texas Concealed Handgun License (CHL) Classes
Are you looking to obtain or renew a Texas Concealed Handgun License (CHL)? Texas High Caliber offers private individual and group classes. Our classes can be taught in a day, or over a
period of days depending on your schedule, they can even be taught at your location. Please use the contact form to inquire about your specific needs.
Taught by a Texas DPS Certified Instructor, our classes are fun, entertaining, and informative! We teach you the law and everything you need to know to properly complete your application. We also cover many other things like gun safety and storage, dispute resolution, proper concealment, sight picture, trigger control, and ammunition choices. The classes use a combination of lecture, demonstration, video, and interactive discussion to ensure you are an active part in the learning environment.
There are several links in the sidebar which go over the eligibility requirements, frequently asked questions, the reciprocity map, and much, much more. If you have any questions or need clarification on anything please contact us, we'll be glad to offer assistance!
* * * Important Notes - Please Read * * *
- Using the online application will make the application process easier and quicker, we recommend that you do this prior to attending a CHL class. The link is on the left under "External Links".
- A discount will be applied for any Active Duty, Veteran, or Law Enforcement personnel.
- Range fee's vary depending on the class location and are not included in the cost of the course.
- Handguns are available for rent if needed, please contact us for models and pricing.
New CHL Class
This class consists of 6 hours of instruction and range time followed by a final exam. All application paperwork, passport photos, and affidavits must be submitted online prior to the course. The link to the online appication can be found on the left side of this page. Please contact us for assistance with this if there are any questions.
Renewal CHL Class
This class consists of 4+ hours of instruction and range time followed by a final exam. All renewal paperwork, passport photos, and affidavits must be submitted online prior to the course. The link to the online appication can be found on the left side of this page. Please contact us for assistance with this if there are any questions.
What you will need to bring to either class:
- An unloaded handgun of .32 caliber or above
- 50 rounds of the appropriate ammunition (no reloads allowed)
- Hearing and eye protection (can be borrowed if needed)